Monday, April 27, 2009

6 Month Drama

Our cute little monster, errr angel had her 6 month check up this month. I picked her up a little early from daycare to go and the cute girls that watch her had changed her into a fresh outfit and put a bow in her hair for her big appointment. As they sent me out the door they gave me fair warning that she hadn't slept for more than half an hour the whole day. I was so prepared and impressed with myself because that morning I had remembered to bring the diaper bag with me but as I quickly figured out not prepared enough to have a bottle made for the ride. The dr's office is literally 5 minutes away and she was in the backseat going on and on. We get there and we are a little late so I head right up for the appointment without stopping to get some water for her bottle. While we are checking in she is still carrying on. We get checked in and Kaley (my oldest niece works for the pediatrician) immediately comes and gets us (THANK YOU!). We get into the room and we have to get Adi naked so they can weigh her. Normally nake nake is her thing but today she just wasn't having it, she was in no mood for any of this. We get her weighed and I pick her up to take her back to the room and she pees on me. I am finally able to get a bottle made and this makes her a little more bearable. The doctor comes in and does his thing and she tolerates it well enough, she even gives me time to talk to the doctor to ask questions. He leaves and enters Kaley, the one with 4 shots to give, it gets ugly. I have never seen her carry on and on like she did, she was so upset! She cried getting dress, she cried while we were making her next appointment, she cried down the elevator and all the way to the car. As I was driving away she was still crying and finally after about 5 minutes in the car she fell asleep. Blessed silence!
Our little peanut weighed in at 13.8 lbs - 10th percentile. Height 25 inches - 10th percentile. Head Circ. 16.5 inches - 25th percentile

No comments: