Monday, April 27, 2009

Ummm, where'd he go?

We wake up on Saturday(the 18th) ready to play some soccer. The day is actually nice, it's not snowing or raining and we can actually see the sun. We load up and head to the field, not realizing how huge these fields are. We park and get out, only to wander around for 20 minutes trying to figure out where we should be. Luckily, along the way we ran into Grandma Lynn and Grandpa Lance to help us find where we should go. The game is almost ready to start as we are setting out our chairs and Adi decides she wants out of her bucket (car seat). I get her on my lap and grab the camera to catch the action of Gar. I could only get this one picture and he is out on the sideline and refuses to go back out. (he's on the far right chasing the ball)

I go down by Gar to ask and see if I can talk him into playing and he claims he's not playing because Dad pushed him. (Sean has volunteered to be the assistant coach of his team, his main job is making sure all the kids get a chance to play and for equal amounts of time) Sean had simply touched Gar on the shoulder to get his attention and this upset him giving him a good excuse to sit and watch. I'm not suprised at all by him sitting out, he's extremely shy and does not like the attention to be on him. I was just hoping his excitement and love to play would have kept him out there longer. Maybe next week?!?

Does the wind ever stop blowing at 40th West? By the end of the game we were all FREEZING!

So all last week we talked up his next game and how much fun he was going to have playing, Gar has even promised several people that he is going to play. I was hoping that by him watching last week he knew what was going on and he'd feel a little more comfortable playing. Unfortunately, by Friday we are all feeling sick and the weather has turned cold. Saturday morning comes and Gar is still asleep at 9:30 (I can't remember the last time he slept that late), this isn't going to be good. I was throwing a wedding shower for my niece (that makes me feel old having a niece old enough to be getting married) so I wasn't able to go to the game. Sean and Gar finally get out the door but they are both snappy with each other so I'm very nervous that he won't play again. I finally get a call from Sean and he reports that he played for about 3-5 minutes and than sat on Grandmas lap. Baby steps.....next week hopefully he'll play a little longer.

No comments: