Monday, June 8, 2009

Double the Fun

It all started out so innocently last Sunday, a small fever, nothing a little Tylenol couldn't handle.  Monday morning brought a little bit more of the same but I chalked it up to teething.  No worries until around 1 that afternoon when I get the dreaded phone call from day care asking me to come pick up Adi, her temperature is now 103 and she had a dose of Tylenol an hour ago.  We tried a dose of Motrin but we couldn't get the fever to break.  A quick call to the pediatrician and they say there is some sort of fever that has hit the valley, not to worry it goes away in time, just keep giving her Tylenol and Motrin.  That night she screamed for hours so I finally sat in the recliner with her and let her sleep on my chest.  Around 3 am I woke up soaking wet, Adi had sweated out her fever and she was doing better so I was able to put her back in her bed and get a little sleep.  Tuesday morning she was a little warm but nothing like the day before but she couldn't go back to day care yet.  Lucky for me Aunt Kim was available to watch her half day.  She did great all day and I was happy that her fever was almost gone and the worst was over but around 7 pm the fever came back.  She was on fire again, this time we got temp readings from 103 to 105.  Wednesday morning she wasn't any better and I was a complete mess!  At my work, the first part of the month is our absolute busiest time and we've only got so many days to get everything in and reports out the door.  This is one of those times when all I want to do is snuggle Adi better but I've got to be at work.  How do you chose work or family, the balancing act is impossible!?!  Aunt Kim swoops in and saves the day again(I don't know what I would do without my sisters!)  I am able to get an appointment to see the dr that evening and we figure out that on top of the fever she has an ear infection in both ears.  That explains how miserable she has been!  We start the  amoxicillin and I feel better knowing that I am finally doing something to help her.  The fever had broken early Wednesday so Thursday she is able to go back to day care.  I drop her off but around noon I get a call that she has been crying all morning.  I head over there to see what is going on and I notice that she has a rash all over her body, is she allergic to the amoxicillin?  I call the dr again and they want to see the rash to be able to tell.  Sean picks her up and takes her to the appointment but they can't tell if she is or not so they suggest to stop using the amoxicillin to see if it goes away.  I'm stressed out again!!  Friday morning the rash is clearing up and Adi is smiling again, YEAH!  I pick up some ear drops and she becomes a whole new woman. 

It was a hell of a week and I am so glad it is behind me!   

*Thanks to Kaley for working at the pediatricians office and being so patient with me also*

1 comment:

andreaKphotography said...

Yikes! That does not sound fun at all. Poor baby girl, I am glad she is feeling better!