Wednesday, June 24, 2009

And the hits just keep coming


*this picture pretty much sums up June*

Double ear infections and a new tooth behind us we dropped the kids off at Aunt Sue's (yes, I do have the best sisters!) on Friday, ready to start our vacation. *Side note, my hunches were right and Adi did get a new tooth with the ear infections. Not one of the front teeth she needs but one of her eye teeth, yes, our daughter has a fang ( really!?!?). Anyways, we dropped them off and flew off to Hawaii for some fun in the sun! (literally we needed the sun , hadn't seen it in quite some time with all this rain)
However, when I called on Saturday morning to check in on Aunt Sue's mental status (and the kids) Adi was not doing well again. Maybe the ear infections were back? Being the Super Mom, Sue survived the weekend and packed up all 4 kids and took Adi to the Pediatrician on Monday. I should mention that on the way to the doctors office a tire tread shattered Sue's car windshield ("Aunt Sue, watch where you are going!" haha). Her ears were good but now she had a very sore throat but the only thing to give an 8 month old is Tylenol and Motrin. As luck would have it Sue's 2 kids both came down with the flu on Tuesday and Wednesday, Good Times! Gar started running a fever but really nothing more, luckily. We got home the following Friday and everyone was back to health, minus the windshield. On Saturday, Adi woke up with a little cough and runny nose but I didn't think much of it until Sunday morning. The poor little thing could barely breathe her chest was so congested. By noon I was in my usual freak out mode, I don't handle sick kids very well, and took her into Insta Care. They hooked her up to an oxygen reading machine (which of course Adi screamed about) and they didn't like the results. They decided to give her a Nebulizer treatment, wait....did I say they gave her? I meant they made me give her. Have you every tried to hold a sick, squirmy, screaming bloody murder 8 month old down while holding a mask to her face that is making this awful sucking noise with steam coming out of it? It sucked and I cried! After all this the doctor came up with a diagnosis of asthma, WHAT?!?! Coincidence that Aunt Sue had the same symptoms during the weekend? Anyways, we now own our own Nebulizer machine which was a god send for the next 2 days because she was able to breathe a lot easier and is now back to her old self.

Oh Yeah, Happy Father's Day! I didn't mention that on late Sunday afternoon I got the flu and was out of commission. Sorry Sean, I owe you another day.......

I'm now happy to report that in between all this another tooth popped through on Tuesday. A front tooth next to the fang, now she'll just look lopsided!

More to come on Hawaii but now I've got a game of "Go, Fish" calling my name

No comments: