Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hot Mommas

I'm a little late in posting this but to all the Hot Mommas in my life "Happy Mother's Day!"

Reflecting back to growing up I couldn't have asked for anything more in a mom. She was always there and would do anything for us (this extended to our friends also). She taught me how to be the best I could and I hope I have done her proud! My favorite memories growing up often include my Mom......sitting in class at Granite Elementary you could always count on my mom to go jogging by the windows. Every Saturday morning my mom would vaccuum, always running into our bedroom doors to wake us up. Occassionally she would venture into our rooms which always ended up with an awful shrieking noise as our socks were eaten by the vaccuum. The many hours she spent coaching our softball teams (remember that time she was showing how to swing the bat and she hit me in the head?), running us to gymanstics or dance classes. If we were out in the neighborhood playing and she wanted us home she would just yell for us, her voice could carry far! We always had the best birthday parties, especially the one when the monkeys came. I could go on and on.....

I know you have all heard it/and or said it but I truly have one of the best Mom's!

About 5 years ago we weren't thinking of having kids any time soon. Today, I can't think of anything I would rather be doing! I received my first handmade gifts from Gar and Adi this year and I will cherish them always. Although, my manicure/pedicure gift from Sean was quite fabulous.

When life gets crazy I think back to a blog I came across awhile ago, a couple lost their only child to SIDS at 7 months old. The blog was started to document their memory of him and their pain with dealing with the loss. It broke my heart! I now stop more often to enjoy the moments with my kids, good or bad. I miss moments in their lives when I am at work and I feel guilty. But working makes me a better mom and provides them with a better life. I am so grateful that my kids are healthy and happy and I hope I can be as good a mom as my mom is to me.

So when I look around the house and it is a disaster and the laundry is piled sky high I remember that I am busy enjoying the moments with my kids and not worried about what kind of a housekeeper I am.

1 comment:

LaTour said...

I agree you have the best mom- of course I think that because she is my 2nd mom! I remember a lot of this stuff! I love Nancy- you had a great role model which is why you are such a great mom too!