Thursday, October 29, 2009

Gu - Gu - Gu......STUBBORN

At daycare they started their preschool curriculum back in September. At the beginning of every month they send home a Newsletter of what they will be learning and at the end of the month they send home a Report card to let us know how much they learned. Their system is check+ or a check. We received his report this week and I quickly checked how he did, when I got to the last 2 categories I noticed that he had only gotten checks. I was a little shocked but quickly started giggling, he had received checks in Singing along with the group and Making hand actions while singing. Hmmmm, sounds like my Gar and I'm pretty sure he'll never get check+'s in this category, ever! Unless you're a fly on the wall in his bedroom and he's zipped up in his tents safety where he thinks no one can hear him. Yes, the tent is back and he's been sleeping in it the past couple of weeks. I wonder how long it will last this time?

In the past couple of months Gar has learend to identify letters and associate them with words. He'll be walking around the house going Ca - Ca - Ca CAT. The other day I could hear him and I can't remember the exact word but he was all Gu - Gu - Gu Door. I tried to correct him and sounded out Du - Du - Du Door only to be told "No, that isn't right!". And just to prove his point he walked around saying Gu - Gu - Gu Door the rest of the night.

The following day he was playing with a toy and because ALL toys nowadays have to make noise there is a switch on the front of it that has On and Off written on it. He asked me if O F F said off and I replied it did, than he asked me does Zero N mean On. I said no, it's Oh N and that read On. Only to be followed with "No mom, it's a zero".

Can you say S. T. U. B. B. O. R. N.!! Wonder where he gets that from!?!

No comments: